Matchboard makes contact centre or call centre outsourcing easy: use our free tool to enter your needs, and quickly connect with a shortlist of suitable call centres to help. You can specify all your requirements, from location and size, to industry experience and service offerings. Some outsourcers are strong in telemarketing, others specialise in customer service, surveys or collections. Matchboard makes it easy to find the right call centre outsourcing companies for your needs through our quick, targeted questionnaires - just click here to get started, and you'll be speaking with outsourcers who match your exact criteria in no time.
Which contact centre / call centre outsourcing location is best for my company?
When it comes to location, there is
no one size fits all. Some
companies are willing to pay a premium price for an Australian CBD location next door,
others are happy to "near-shore" to New Zealand (where the accent and culture and similar, but costs are approximately 25% less), and yet others value the (30-50%) cost advantages of offshore locations, ranging from the Philippines and India, to South Africa and Fiji. Factors which should
decision on where to run your call centre outsourcing from include:
1. volume of
2. type of calls and skills required
3. language requirements (if languages other than English are required)
to you (if this is important)
5. complexity of calls
6. value of customers
(high-value v. low-value) and of course
If you're unsure which locations you should be considering because of foreign accent concerns, consult Matchboard’s Call Centre Audio Map, which allows you to click on a country and hear a call sample, illustrating a “typical” accent for English-language calls in that country. The Map is a world-first initiative, designed to help companies draw informed conclusions about accents when considering location options for their call centre. Our call samples are used by executives around the world to support business cases and presentations for onshore, near-shore and offshore service delivery.
What pricing models are available for contact centre / call centre outsourcing?
Call centre outsourcing providers charge for
their services in a variety of ways, including per hour (agent attendance hour
or “logged-in” hour), per minute, per call (based on an agreed estimate of
average call time), per second (of talk time).
If you are outsourcing a lead generation or sales function, you may be
charged per lead, per sale or per appointment, but many will not agree to this
model without some historical data (such as proven conversion rates). For low-volume after-hours call handling, a
monthly retainer including a fixed number of calls may be quoted. It is common to link payment to performance –
for example, the outsourcer may place a small percentage of their revenues at
risk if they don’t meet key performance indicators such as % of calls answered
within a certain interval, or customer satisfaction ratings of the service
experience. If you are unsure which
model will work best for your business, please contact email@example.com.
What operating models are available?
Pure contact centre or call centre outsourcing, whereby the staff
and facilities are provided by the outsourcer, is the most common approach,
however many companies aren’t aware of other models which may be worth
considering. These include:
• Insourcing, whereby you provide the physical space, and a third party recruits, trains and manages the team on-site in your facility
• Asset transfer, whereby a third party essentially buys your contact centre assets, such as people, technology and facilities, and outsources back to you with guaranteed cost savings.
• Consulting. It may be possible to “turn around” a poor-performing in-house contact centre with expert consulting assistance. To connect with a consultant, just complete our questionnaire, and we'll connect you with industry experts for everything from process re-engineering to a diagnostic of your existing operations and a roadmap for improvement.
• DBOT (Design-Build-Operate-Transfer). This model is generally reserved for large enterprises seeking a third party to do all the leg work of building an operation to a leading capability, before transferring it back to internal ownership.
What type of services are provided by contact centre / call centre outsourcing companies?
The list of outsourced services is virtually infinite, however popular services include:
• customer service / customer care
• sales / telemarketing / cross-selling and up-selling / retention and intervention
• lead generation / appointment-setting
• order-taking / reservations
• surveys / market research
• collections / debt recovery
• emergency response / product recalls
• telephone interpreter service
• database cleansing / list building
• health information / advice and counselling
• direct response to media advertising
• social media monitoring and management
• data entry / data processing
The Contact Centre Industry's Best-Kept Secret
Contact Centres in Australia