Companies are increasingly looking to digital channels to grow and service their customers cost-effectively, yet few have the array of skills needed inhouse to manage everything from SEO and SEM (eg. Google Ads) to remarketing, social media advertising and affiliate marketing. While it makes sense to outsource to the experts, the choice of digital marketing providers can be overwhelming. Matchboard makes life easy by connecting you with reputable, pre-screened digital marketing experts who can meet your exact needs. Find your match today!
Here are some practical tips to optimise the pages on your website for SEO.
Tips for SEO-friendly Pages
- The page title should contain a minimum of 40 characters., including the keyword you are targeting.
- The primary keyword should appear in 1 or more subheadings in the copy. While not a major ranking factor, this is beneficial.
- The keyword should appear in the URL for the page.
- The keyword density should be between 1-5%. So if a page has 400 words, then the keyword should appear 4-20 times.
- If you have a blog or page you’re really trying to rank for, place a link to it from the home page.
- Create a compelling meta-description (this will appear in the search results) that contains the primary keyword / phrase.
- In the specified meta-description, consider: how does it compare to the competition? Could it be made more appealing?
- Write a minimum of 300 words for each page you are trying to rank for.
- The keyword should appear in the first paragraph of the copy.
- Add an image to each page and use alt text to tag it with longtail keywords (5-7 words).
It goes without saying that websites that are responsive (that is, they scale to all size devices, from desktops and tablets to smartphones) will be favoured by Google.