Matchboard makes contact or call centre services outsourcing easy: use our free tool to enter your needs, and quickly connect with a shortlist of suitable call centres to help. You can specify all your requirements, from location and size, to industry experience and service offerings. Some outsourcers are strong in telemarketing, others specialise in customer service, surveys or collections. Matchboard makes it easy to find the right call centre outsourcing companies for your needs through our quick, targeted questionnaires – just click here to get started, and you’ll be speaking with outsourcers who match your exact criteria in no time.
How do you choose which contact centre outsourcing location is best?
When it comes to location, there is no one size fits all. Some companies are willing to pay a premium price for an Australian contact centre location with a CBD next door, others are happy to “near-shore” to New Zealand (where the accent and culture and similar, but costs are approximately 25% less), and yet others value the (30-50%) cost advantages of offshore locations, ranging from the Philippines and India, to South Africa and Fiji. Factors which should drive your decision on where to run your call centre outsourcing from include:
- volume of calls
- type of calls and skills required
- language requirements (if languages other than English are required)
- proximity to you (if this is important)
- complexity of calls
- value of customers (high-value v. low-value) and of course cost.
If you’re unsure which locations you should be considering because of foreign accent concerns, consult Matchboard’s Call Centre Audio Map, which allows you to click on a country and hear a call sample, illustrating a “typical” accent for English-language calls in that country. The Map is a world-first initiative, designed to help companies draw informed conclusions about accents when considering location options for their call centre. Our call samples are used by executives around the world to support business cases and presentations for onshore, near-shore and offshore service delivery.
What pricing models are available for customer experience outsourcing?
Call centre outsourcing providers charge for their services in a variety of ways, including per hour (agent attendance hour or “logged-in” hour), per minute, per call (based on an agreed estimate of average call time), per second (of talk time). If you are outsourcing a b2b lead generation or sales function, you may be charged per lead, per sale or per appointment, but many will not agree to this model without some historical data (such as proven conversion rates). For low-volume after-hours call handling, a monthly retainer including a fixed number of calls may be quoted. It is common to link payment to performance – for example, the outsourcer may place a small percentage of their revenues at risk if they don’t meet key performance indicators such as % of calls answered within a certain interval, or customer satisfaction ratings of the service experience. If you are unsure which model will work best for your business, please contact us.
What operating models are available?
Pure contact centre or outsource call centre services, whereby the staff and facilities are provided by the outsourcer, is the most common approach, however, many companies aren’t aware of other models which may be worth considering. These include:
- Insourcing, whereby you provide the physical space, and a third party recruits, trains and manages the team on-site in your facility
- Asset transfer, whereby a third party essentially buys your assets, such as people, technology and facilities, and outsources back to you with guaranteed cost savings.
- Consulting. It may be possible to “turn around” a poor-performing in-house contact centre with expert consulting assistance. To connect with a contact centre consultant, just complete our 60-second questionnaire. We’ll connect you with industry experts for everything from process re-engineering to a diagnostic of your operations and a roadmap for improvement.
- DBOT (Design-Build-Operate-Transfer). This model is generally reserved for large firms seeking a third party to do all the leg work of building an operation to a leading capability, before transferring it back to internal ownership.
What type of services are provided by call centre outsourcing companies?
The list of outsourced services is virtually infinite, however popular services include:
- customer service / customer care
- sales / telemarketing / cross-selling and upselling / retention and intervention
- lead generation / appointment-setting
- order-taking / reservations
- surveys / market research
- collections / debt recovery
- emergency response / product recalls
- telephone interpreter service
- database cleansing / list building
- health information / advice and counselling
- direct response to media advertising
- social media monitoring and management
- data entry / data processing